TIF to JPEG on W10 - Ships Nostalgia
17:15

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

TIF to JPEG on W10

User Tag List

Old 11th October 2019, 00:42
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1964 - 2009

My location
TIF to JPEG on W10

TIF to JPEG

Probably teaching you all to suck eggs, but I found the way to change TIF files to JPEG ones. (Thanks Wiki! )

I don't know why, but the converter is hidden away in the "Paint" program.

Right click on the downloaded TIF picture, select "OPEN WITH" and select "PAINT" Click "OKAY" Then click "NEXT" Hover over "SAVE AS" Move over to the right drop down click on "JPEG PICTURE" To put the picture in the folder of your choice. I usually add an additional letter to the file to keep original picture files away from ones I've tinkered.

I have a new W10, won't accept many of my old DVD discs.
Plus my new computer didn't come with a CD/DVD (D) Drive, so I had to buy an external drive to run whatever old programs I can run.

Another thing they've removed!! Custards!!
Old 11th October 2019, 04:00
Department: Engineering

That's good to know Dickyboy. Windows 10 has destroyed my computer enjoyment. Another way to convert images is to use the free program from NCH Suite called Pixillion Image Convertor. I have used it for several years and it works on W10. Click here:- https://www.nchsoftware.com/imageconverter/index.html
Old 11th October 2019, 04:12
Organisation: Other Merchant Fleets
Department: Engineering
Active: 1960 - 1976

Thanx Dickyboy,
That's good to know. I have always converted in PhotoShop and will continue to do so.

I don't buy complete new computers. I have used the same ten inches wide x twenty inches deep x 30 inches high, perforated steel tower since 2000. Every three years I take it to the store and replace the hard drive and anything else the tech recommends. When I got this computer in 2000 it pulled 120 watts now it is 40 watts.

Greg Hayden
Old 11th October 2019, 07:24
Department: Deck
Active: 1964 - 2009

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewl dude View Post
Thanx Dickyboy,
That's good to know. I have always converted in PhotoShop and will continue to do so.

I don't buy complete new computers. I have used the same ten inches wide x twenty inches deep x 30 inches high, perforated steel tower since 2000. Every three years I take it to the store and replace the hard drive and anything else the tech recommends. When I got this computer in 2000 it pulled 120 watts now it is 40 watts.

Greg Hayden
Sounds like you have a wolf in sheep's clothing with that tower Greg.