Mahout photo - Ships Nostalgia
05:42

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Mahout photo

User Tag List

Old 30th March 2005, 09:44

Mahout photo

I have put a photo under my personal photos (ian jackson) and wonder if any of the Brocks boys can help me identify the unknown names on the photo. It was taken in Pat O'Brians in New Orleans late 1969. Mike and myself transferred across from the Maipura to go home for MCA at Southampton. Can't attach the photo to this as its too large
Thanks

Ian
Old 30th March 2005, 10:12
Ron B Manderson

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian jackson
I have put a photo under my personal photos (ian jackson) and wonder if any of the Brocks boys can help me identify the unknown names on the photo. It was taken in Pat O'Brians in New Orleans late 1969. Mike and myself transferred across from the Maipura to go home for MCA at Southampton. Can't attach the photo to this as its too large
Thanks

Ian
Hate to say this Ian.
But all you have to do is cut down the pixels
Thro art pack as per my postings on computor and internet
Remember CANT is a four lettered word we dont use lol
Ron
Old 30th March 2005, 11:59
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1966 - 1984

Hi Ian,
I guess that your photo was earlier in the year..

I was 4/O on the Mahout from 2nd May to 9th November 1969. Joined in Calcutta, thence Chalna, Chittagong, Columbo, Durban, Capetown, Charleston, Corpus Christi, New Orleans, Lake Charles, New Orleans(again), Biloxi, then back to Cal, etc, then we finally diverted and got off in Dakar, flew back in a chartered Dan Air Comet to Airwick Gatport.

That Trip, off the top of my head, CP Margeson was the old man, Bill Myers(ex Navigator QE1) was Mate, Jan Rietdik(AUS) 2/O. I'll have a dredge and see who else was on then.