Loss of Ex Wallasey Ferry - Ships Nostalgia
22:55

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Loss of Ex Wallasey Ferry

User Tag List

Old 2nd March 2008, 19:14
user

Loss of Ex Wallasey Ferry

An ex Wallasey Ferry Boat - ROYAL DAFFODIL II - which was sold to a Greek company in 1977 and later coverted to a container ship, being renamed DOLPHIN I, apparantly sank on 07 November 2007 whilst sailing from Turkey to Cyprus.

A sad loss, she was very distinctive on the Mersey in the early 70s, but hardly bore any resemblance to her original design at the end, although it is reported her bow and bridge still looked recognisable.

Chris.

Last edited by Santos; 2nd March 2008 at 19:19..
Old 26th May 2008, 23:02

My location
Hey Santos,
I remember Royal DaffodilII very well.Sad news but thanx for the info.

andy.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:37

Royal Daffodil and Iris

Chris, Very sad news about the Royal Daffodil, I was a member of Her Crew when she First arrived on the Mersey, Any news about the Royal Iris, I spent Two years as part of Her crew, Summer and Winter, Two crews in the Winter and One in the Summer.

Take Care

Les
Old 30th May 2008, 18:57
user

Hi Les,

Yes very sad about the poor old Daffodil.

The old Royal Iris is rusting away on the Thames. We have a thread on this site all about her if you go to here you can read pretty much up to the present day what is happening to her.

My very kind regards

Chris
Old 5th October 2009, 20:30
user

Has anyone got any pics of the ROYAL DAFFODIL II later becoming DOLPHIN I after the conversion. Thanks
Old 5th October 2009, 21:02
user

Hi White Star,

If you go to HERE and scroll right down to nearly the bottom of the page, Item Mersey Ferries, there is a picture of her and a bit about her.

Chris.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:46
user

Thank you Chris, she did indeed kept her distinctive bow. Its a shame she went down.

Bill.