blue funnel - Ships Nostalgia
17:59

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

blue funnel

User Tag List

Old 8th July 2008, 22:10

blue funnel

Hello
I just wondered if anyone can remember a Derek Quail, I know he served on blue funnel ships, he was telling me about the pilgrim ships ? and that he went to H.M.S. Conway, I don' know when or what ships he was on, I hope to find out more from him in the next week or so, just thought it would be nice when i see him to say do you remember so and so .
thank you for any help in advance.
Chris reeves
Old 8th July 2008, 22:58
Discredited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisreeves View Post
Hello
I just wondered if anyone can remember a Derek Quail, I know he served on blue funnel ships, he was telling me about the pilgrim ships ?
It's likely he served on "Gunung Djati", look her up in Google or search the Blue Funnel thread on this site.
Old 9th July 2008, 22:48

Could also have been "Tyndareus", she was a hadji boat with Blue Funnel far longer than "Gunung Djati"
Old 10th July 2008, 16:04
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1957 - 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw View Post
Could also have been "Tyndareus", she was a hadji boat with Blue Funnel far longer than "Gunung Djati"
Wasn,t the Gunung Djati better know as the old jam butty i think i saw her in the ealy 60,s could it have been in colombo or trincomalee
Old 10th July 2008, 22:46
Discredited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw View Post
You're quite right. Tyndareus survived until 9/9/60 when she was broken up in Hong Kong. He could have served in the last years of Tyndareus or first runs of Gunung Djati ..... earlest age =16 (as Middy) + 48 = 64 today.