Corby Bunting - Ships Nostalgia
19:06

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Corby Bunting

User Tag List

Old 23rd February 2011, 16:27

Corby Bunting

To any one in Appledore Devon who may be named Cook.I am hoping to find any of the decendants of John Singleton Cook Seaman from the port of Goole Yorkshire.
He settled inthe Northam area inthe late 1880's his wife was Mary Acford and his children in 1901 were Mary John Emma Martha Fred Lizzie Gladys and Jacob
Old 23rd February 2011, 19:35
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1962 - 1970

My location
Nice place Northam Devon, my G,Grandmother Gibbs, was the school mistress there, she´s buried in the churchyard, she would have taught Mary Acford´s children.

Last edited by Billieboy; 24th February 2011 at 08:21.. Reason: punctuation
Old 25th February 2011, 11:06

Hi Billieboy. did your Ggran live on bude St. if so I have three namesSarah,Joan and Harriet.Bude st. no longer exists.But my ancestors family lived in Ackford court. Which means Mr. Ackford must have done well for he was only a lowly sawyer
Old 25th February 2011, 16:11

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by corby bunting View Post
Hi Billieboy. did your Ggran live on bude St. if so I have three namesSarah,Joan and Harriet.Bude st. no longer exists.But my ancestors family lived in Ackford court. Which means Mr. Ackford must have done well for he was only a lowly sawyer
Sorry Corby, My very old, very late, aunt; only showed me the gravestone, or rather the Church yard and the old school building, in which Ggran used to teach. I've spent a few nights in Northham, the last were in 1992. As for being a sawyer, My GGgrandad was a journyman shipwright who lived in Appledore.
Old 25th February 2011, 16:48

Thats a coincidence for I served my apprenticeship in Yorkshire as a boatbuilder/ shipwright and moved down to Southampton where I spent my working life as the same
Old 25th February 2011, 19:03

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by corby bunting View Post
Thats a coincidence for I served my apprenticeship in Yorkshire as a boatbuilder/ shipwright and moved down to Southampton where I spent my working life as the same
That's it then Corby, the wood is in your blood.