Bawley boats in the Medway - Ships Nostalgia
18:37

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Bawley boats in the Medway

User Tag List

Old 4th June 2006, 06:23

fishing vessels

Talking fishing vessels, I was wondering if there are any Bawley boats still operating out of the Medway. These arethe boats that trawl for shrimp in the Thames and Medway estuaries. There were two out of Chatham back in the 50s owned by the Pocock and Wadhams families. Sometimes, when I paid off I would take a trip on one to give my cousins a hand. Not just hard work, but bloodt rediculously hard work. Down on the outgoing tide, two trawls then home and boy, did I sleep. I think there are acouple still working out of Essex.
Old 3rd March 2019, 10:23

I know this post was from a long time ago but just in case you still get notifications. The Pocock Bawley, The Thistle, is currently undergoing a full restoration. More details here:
https://intheboatshed.net/2017/09/22...y-thistle-rr2/