murdered soldier - Ships Nostalgia
08:44

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

murdered soldier

User Tag List

Old 23rd October 2014, 02:06
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1944 - 1953

murdered soldier

good day to moderators and fellow members,i just want to say on behalf of the canadian soldier murdered by terrorist,may he rest in peace.and send our condolences to his family and friends,regards ben27
Old 23rd October 2014, 06:14
Department: Deck
Active: 1958 - Present

My location
Rest in Peace Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, our country thanks you for your service.
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:36
Varley Varley is offline   SN Supporter
Active: 1971 - 2011

Another life snuffed out by some adherent of baseless superstition (we are told the perpetrator was a recent Moslem convert).

I hope the Corporal's family will be well supported. It cannot benefit him now that his murderer was so swiftly dealt with. But Justice? Far too quick and short-reaching for that.
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:27
Super Moderator

I am sure that we all feel the same as Ben. May the innocent Canadian serviceman rest in peace.and we offer our condolences to his family and friends
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:45
Active: 1954 - 1981

we can look forward to more of the same unless action is taken

rest in peace / brave man
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:58

Action can and should be taken ,Bur when this is planned /talked about! the do gooders of this word jump om the band wagon
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:30
Department: Engineering
Active: 1947 - 1954

My location
A big pat on the back for the Sgt at Arms that shot the bastard.
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:46

What chance has the man in uniform got, he sticks out like a sore thumb
where to him everyone in mufti is enemy. He has no chance
Old 23rd October 2014, 14:37

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by george english View Post
What chance has the man in uniform got, he sticks out like a sore thumb
where to him everyone in mufti is enemy. He has no chance
Also he had no ammo for his rifle.
Old 23rd October 2014, 15:48
Active: 1954 - 1981

the 5th column is alive and well
Old 23rd October 2014, 16:16
Active: 1953 - 1973

R.I.P Soldier.
Old 23rd October 2014, 17:14
Active: 1964 - 1997

My location
He gave his life for his country so deserves every honour and respect unlike the gutless bastard who killed him.
Old 24th October 2014, 04:08
Department: Deck
Active: 1958 - Present

My location
In all the sad coverage of the mayhem in Ottawa, we must not forget the death of Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and the wounding of another soldier who were run down by another "radicalized" home grown terrorist in Gatineau, Quebec, the previous day.
Old 24th October 2014, 10:08
user
Department: Navigation
Active: 1974 - 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac1720 View Post
He gave his life for his country so deserves every honour and respect unlike the gutless bastard who killed him.
Gutless? Whether or not one agrees with his politics or beliefs, the soldier's killer was prepared to die for them, and did so. I don't think that gutless, any more than Japanese kamikazes were gutless.
Before people start venting their spleen, it doesn't mean that I agree with what he did!
Old 24th October 2014, 10:22
Varley Varley is offline   SN Supporter
Active: 1971 - 2011

Surely the baseless belief in being a heartbeat from paradise removes any appreciation of consequences that might otherwise make such a cowardly act (argue that description!) in any way chivalrous.
Old 24th October 2014, 10:37
Active: 1964 - 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scelerat View Post
Gutless? Whether or not one agrees with his politics or beliefs, the soldier's killer was prepared to die for them, and did so. I don't think that gutless, any more than Japanese kamikazes were gutless.
Before people start venting their spleen, it doesn't mean that I agree with what he did!
Without being involved in a war or fighting an armed opponent who is intent on doing you harm, he took a life to satisfy his OWN twisted logic. He did not imagine that he would be caught judging by the news feeds and that in my ever so humble opinion is gutless. To argue differently siting the 'divine wind' pilots of WW2 is just clouding the waters. We were at war, remember?

LouisB.
Old 24th October 2014, 10:44
user

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisB View Post
Without being involved in a war or fighting an armed opponent who is intent on doing you harm, he took a life to satisfy his OWN twisted logic. He did not imagine that he would be caught judging by the news feeds and that in my ever so humble opinion is gutless. To argue differently siting the 'divine wind' pilots of WW2 is just clouding the waters. We were at war, remember?

LouisB.
So are they. So are we. We're bombing Iraq aren't we? Are we only bombing people intent on doing us harm? How are they doing us harm in Syria and Iraq?
Old 24th October 2014, 10:46
James_C James_C is offline   SN Supporter
Malim Sahib Moderator

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varley View Post
Surely the baseless belief in being a heartbeat from paradise removes any appreciation of consequences that might otherwise make such a cowardly act (argue that description!) in any way chivalrous.
You could say the same of anyone with deep religious beliefs and that includes Christians as well as Muslims.

Jim
Old 24th October 2014, 10:47
user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varley View Post
Denying qualities of humanity to our enemies, whoever they are, is always part of a country's propaganda campaign. Who is suggesting that what he did was chivalrous? When is warfare is in any way chivalrous?
Old 24th October 2014, 11:37

Quote:
Denying qualities of humanity to our enemies, whoever they are, is always part of a country's propaganda campaign. Who is suggesting that what he did was chivalrous? When is warfare is in any way chivalrous?
I fail to find any quality of humanity in deliberately killing a defenceless person - soldier or civilian. Yes, there are none fighters being killed in the Middle East as collateral damage caused by attempting to slow down the head chopping, children burying lunatics of ISA. As with other battles in that part of the world they are mixing in with the civilian population as they are well aware of our well publicised sensitivities regarding civilian loss of life. The difference is of course that none combatants are not being deliberately targeted.

LouisB.
Old 24th October 2014, 12:00
user

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisB View Post
I fail to find any quality of humanity in deliberately killing a defenceless person - soldier or civilian. Yes, there are none fighters being killed in the Middle East as collateral damage caused by attempting to slow down the head chopping, children burying lunatics of ISA. As with other battles in that part of the world they are mixing in with the civilian population as they are well aware of our well publicised sensitivities regarding civilian loss of life. The difference is of course that none combatants are not being deliberately targeted.

LouisB.
Surely a uniformed soldier of a state that is engaged in warfare is a legitimate target? A member of the armed forces of that country, in uniform, certainly cannot be regarded as a non-combatant.
Old 24th October 2014, 12:26
Active: 1964 - 1997

My location
Quote:
Surely a uniformed soldier of a state that is engaged in warfare is a legitimate target? A member of the armed forces of that country, in uniform, certainly cannot be regarded as a non-combatant.
For a supposedly intelligent man you really are a complete ****.

Unless and until you have worn the uniform of your country and in doing so accept all that entails how dare you pontificate on the rights and wrongs of a "legitimate target"

I'll bet you don't even wear a poppy to honour those who gave their lives just so people like you could spout the crap you so often despoil this forum with.
Old 24th October 2014, 12:33
Nursie

My location
I would say that gunman was hardly brave, shooting a soldier on ceremonial duty with an un loaded gun and then going on a rampage to shoot unarmed people. Apparently he had a troubled personality (!) and a criminal past.
Old 24th October 2014, 13:07

Quote:

Engaged in warfare with whom? A rag tag and disparate group of people with no overall common interest, apart from medieval and inhumane treatment of others? You speak of them as a recognised and orderly regular group - tell that to the poor sods we have seen kneeling,and shown on our televisions about to have their heads torn off. I find your game of sleight of word and abstract logic totally disgusting. If it is done, just for the sake of it, then you, in my mind, are a most peculiar person. I have attempted to refrain from very bad language and have found it difficult.

LouisB.
Old 24th October 2014, 13:24

My location
We had another attack in NY,this nutter used an axe on two police officers,now the bastard is with his virgins.