APPLEDORE is seen passing Portishead, outbound from Avonmouth, on 8th June 1964.
She was built by Wm.Gray at West Hartlepool on 1953 and delivered to Michalinos (Maritime Shipping and Trading, London)
She was sold later in 1964 and renamed PERSIAN ROXANA, then in 1967 MARIGO F. before arriving at
The tramp steamer "Appledore"southbound in the Red Sea in 1964. Built in 1953 by William Gray for Michalinos & Co of London. An open shelter deck vessel of 5842 gross tons she was powered by a steam reciprocating engine exhausting into a low pressure turbine to give a speed of 12 knots. Sold in