Even Cunard purchased a small number of the many MFC reefers around in the 70's and gave them traditional names. The Carinthia is seen in the course of preparing to leave Dover Harbour in 1983. Formerly the Canteloupe she was built 1973 and was 9,749 gr tons.
Cunards popular Depression Era cruise liner Carinthia is shown departing New York on 3 September, 1939. Because of the quickly deteriorating situation in Europe during the summer of 1939, the Carinthia was the first Cunard Liner to be requisitioned by the Admiralty for war duty. She received her
Built as 1973 as Cantaloup
1976 to Cunard and renamed Carinthia
1986 sold and renamed Pegasus.
Her sister Carmania ex Orange also came to NZ in 1988 as Perseus.
Both the previous Carinthia's also visited NZ.