The Israeli m/v ESTHER, IMO 6411122/84,3m/2.025gt/12,5Knots; 04/1965 completed by Israel Shipyard, Haifa; 1977 SCONSET; 22/12/1978 wrecked 90 nmiles west of Hebrides. She was the first freighter built by an Israeli shipyard.
Seen at Leixões outer harbour in late 60s.
Esther was/is a smack built in Grimsby in 1888. She then of course was a sailing ship. She was sold to the Faroe Islands around the 1930's, and was used as a fishing wessel up to ca. 1996. Esther was sold back to Grimsby in the late 90's. She is 75 feet long. The picture is taken in the early 1990's