The French liner Flandre seen here broken in two after she struck an magnetic mine in 1940.
Flandre (8571 GRT / 4180 tdw) was built in 1913 by Ateliers & Chantiers de St. Nazaire S.A., Penhoet and commissioned in Sept 1914 by the Cie. Générale Transatlantique, Paris (CGT). The quadruple-screw vesse
Looking trim in Epirotiki's livery, PALLAS ATHENA (ex-FLANDRE, ex-CARLA C., ex-CARLA COSTA) rests at Piraeus in June, 1993. Sadly, the end of her life was approaching; she burned at this same berth on 23 March 1994.