First of a series of three photographs showing HMS Endurance at anchor in Port Stanley harbour, Falkland Islands in early 1975. Taken from British Antarctic Survey vessel RRS Bransfield. High winds resulted in the Bransfield fouling the anchor chain of Endurance causing a minor collision.
HMS Endurance, was originally the Anita Dan, built in 1956 by Grogerwerft, Rendsburg, Germany, purchased from J. Lauritzen Lines, Copenhagen, in 1967. Converted by Harland and Wolff, Belfast, including the installation of scientific and surveying equipment, with bullwark in the distant,,,,,mid 80s