A very nice view on the harbour of Romanshorn (Bodensee = Lake Constance). In the foreground one of the famous propulsion-less boats carrying 8 rail wagons, in the background left "St. Gotthart" (1897-1944) and right "Christoph" (1877-1920).
The German side-wheel steamer Bavaria in the port of Lindau, Lake Constance.
The saloon-steamer Bavaria (displ. 312 ts) was launched on June 21st, 1912 by J. A. Maffei, Munich and commissioned on Aug. 1st, 1912 for the Royal Bavarian Railways. Dimensions: 181¾ ft x 44¼ x 5 ft. Driven by a steam eng