Built originally for SNCF for the Dieppe to Newhaven service the Londres was subsequently transferred to British Railways
She is seen here laying at the East Quay during a period of maintenance
The turbine steamer Londres (1947) enters Newhaven in the very early 1960's. From L-R we see the tug Meeching (1960) and one of her usual mudbarges, the dredger Testside (that filled it with mud!), the larger, self-propelled bucket dredger Foremost Prince, RMS Brighton (1950), the Londres and...