Small snapshot of coastal tanker 'Paua' arriving Lyttelton c.late 1940's.
Built: 1927 Harland and Wolff, Govan, Glasgow
Owners: British Imperial Oil Co(NZ) Ltd
Especially built for coastal services, she could carry 1077 tons of motor spirit and 2550 cases of oil.
A coastal tanker on the NZ coast from c. 1927-1950. Photo taken at Auckland c.1930.
Built: 1927 Harland and Wolff, Govan
Owners: British Imperial Oil
1956: Wrecked off Akyab, 30.5.1956
1957: Broken up, Hong Kong.
First New Zealand flag tanker was the "Paua", seen here at Bluff. Completed by Harland & Wolff, Govan, in 1927 she was 1,260 grt, 217.3' x 36.6' and was a single screw motorship. Her tank hatches were specially designed to allow her to carry case oil in the tanks if required, and in a