One of four sisters for Fred Bolton's North Yorkshire Shipping Company the "Redcar" is seen anchored in the Mersey on a murky evening. Completed in 1956 she was one of two built by Smith's Dock, the others coming from Lithgows. 10,746 grt, 15,244 dwt, 505'00" x 69'01" x 28'11&qu
This anchor is on the foreshore out side REDCAR lifeboat station.
It was a finnish ship that hit the rocks off redcar.
note,that in the pic is a group of wreaths.
The ships in the back ground or anchored off waiting there turn to enter HARTLEPOOL.
and the little cobble in the foreground ,had a good