Part of the British Naval Base Singapore, seen here in the early 1930's.
Unusually, the picture does not show the main part of Singapore naval base with Empire Dock or Keppel Harbour but the lower course of Singapore River.
The road on the shore to the left is the South Boat Quay and the suspension
The British cargo liner SINGAPORE, 159,4/ 9.236gt/ 17kn; 19/04/1951 completed by John Brown & Co., Ltd., Clydebank, for Peninsular & Oriental Steam navigation Co., London; 1964 COMORIN, same as above; 1968 PANDO COVE, same as above; 16/03/1972 arrived Bilbao for breaking up by A. Garcia.
Aerial view of Empress Place, with the Singapore Cricket Club padang and Queen Elizabeth Walk visible in the top right-hand corner of the picture. Spanning the river are Cavanagh Bridge on the left, and Anderson Bridge.