Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and now we have 7 all in the space of 5 months the latest is the astor ( 2nd one) and the karnika - former crown princess ) beached 2 days apart
astor.jpg karnika.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,606 Posts
Two OLD cruise ships have arrived at the breakers. :) Sad to see the ASTOR igoing for scrapping... like the earlier ASTOR, aka SAGA PEARL, fine little ship.

Stephen

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Aliaga Ship Recycling Facility in Turkey is currently dismantling five cruise ships.

Carnival Inspiration, Imagination, and Fantasy are being dismantled at the Aliaga Ship Recycling Facility in Turkey
View attachment 683811 View attachment 683812 View attachment 683813 View attachment 683812 View attachment 683813 View attachment 683812
View attachment 683813
one of the carnival cruise ships - not sure which one - has already had the top of her funnel removed
carnival fantasy imagination inspiration pullmantur sovereign and monarch.jpg
Two OLD cruise ships have arrived at the breakers. :) Sad to see the ASTOR igoing for scrapping... like the earlier ASTOR, aka SAGA PEARL, fine little ship.

Stephen
the first astor as far as i know is still sailing - or did you mean she is on her way - here she is in safmarine livery
astor safmarine.jpg
unfortunately the picture quality is not good

·
Premium Member
11,606 Posts
I believe she is still with some buyer. Might have been changed by now. I first went on board was back in '83, her maiden visit to Bermuda, Stunning ship. Sailed in her as SAGA PEARL three times. One of my favourite ships. Right size. No crowds. Good bars!

The photo is fine She looked good in SAF colours.
Stephen

·
Premium Member
9,090 Posts
A common sight in Portsmouth. Sad to see another of these "Traditional" sized cruise ships go :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts