Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Looking to find info on coasters of the 50s (1) JATO
(2) PRINCESS WILHELMINA both on regular run from CI to Portsmouth late 50 early 60s with german ship Stad Essen and two Wharton ships Trentonia and Tryonia and Rix ship Megrix would be greatful for any help on any of these .
Thanks fo all the threads brings back alot ..ED

·
Banned
5,898 Posts
Ahoy,

I found the JATO[PFCE] ex MEIKE[PFXJ] IMO:5170642 built in 1950 at the Scheepsbouw Unie[Groningen][245]
Hope this is the one you're looking for, and will come back later on the others.
Which I believe the PRINCESS should be PRINSES, and the Germans wrote STAD[Dutch] as STADT[German], there was a STADT ESSEN[DKFL] 1956 built at Werft Nobiskrug[Rendsburg] for Alfred Roth.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
Prinses Wilhelmina 500 tons built 1951 by NV Schpsf. 8 cyl diesel, 169.8 x 29.5 x 13.4
code flags PGWR Registered Groningen. Dutch flag. DF.ESD. Owned by G Dories.
Maybe this is the one you want ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there
I cannot thank you enough for the info both R58484956 and ruud have found for me it is great to know in this day and age there are good caring people out there THANK YOU ED (Applause)

·
Banned
5,898 Posts
Ahoy,

That change everything, I have some details,built in 08-1938 at Scheepswerf "Gideon" before named J.Koster Hzn-Groningen.
Call/Flag Sign:MMWM
BRT:454
DWT:609
Company: J.R. Rix & Sons Ltd.
P.o.R.:Hull
Flag:British
LOA x B x D:165'4" x 25'9" x 10'11¼"
Eng:Oil Engine 4SA 8Cy.280x450mm Humboldt-Deutz ¤NEmade37fitted49

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well ruud i dont no what to say that is her and what a bonus the photo and also leaveing camber docks portsmouth THANKS AGAIN ED

·
Registered
701 Posts
Dutch Built "Coasters" for C-L

Hi Ruud;

Nicely done on The 50ies Coasters. I wonder if you might have any info or pix on these Dutch built vessels from late 1930s.

As always your help will be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Rory

MATABELE COAST-1938 N.V. Boele's Scheepsw. & Mach., Bolnes ex Dorset Coast.1947-51?
CLYDE COAST-1938 N.V.Industrielle Maats. "de Noord", Alblasserdam
DENBIGH COAST-1936 N.V.Industrielle Maats. "de Noord", Alblasserdam
MERSEY COAST-1938 N.V.Industrielle Maats. "de Noord", Alblasserdam

·
Registered
701 Posts
Der Scanner ist Kaput

Hi Ruud;

Thanks for your reply. Just found it, as I'm not always able to find my way back.

Don't you just love computers and the other hardware? Always something to fix or replace. Hope you do get your printer working again though as that is a hard one to get along without.

Cheers,
Rory

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dutch coaster Tramp

Goede avond Ruud.
I see you have posted a few old Dutch coasters of the 50s, Do you have one of the Tramp, she was sold to Hays of Lerwick & renamed the Shetland Trader,I was mate there around 1975.
Best regards,
Jim

·
Banned
5,898 Posts
1193227371 said:
Hi all
Looking to find info on coasters of the 50s (1) JATO
(2) PRINCESS WILHELMINA both on regular run from CI to Portsmouth late 50 early 60s with german ship Stad Essen and two Wharton ships Trentonia and Tryonia and Rix ship Megrix would be greatful for any help on any of these .
Thanks fo all the threads brings back alot ..ED
Ahoy ED,
Not forgotten, here your Trentonia 1964:

Attachments

·
Banned
5,898 Posts
James MacDonald said:
Goede avond Ruud.
I see you have posted a few old Dutch coasters of the 50s, Do you have one of the Tramp, she was sold to Hays of Lerwick & renamed the Shetland Trader,I was mate there around 1975.
Best regards,
Jim
Ahoy Jim,
I do have quite some "Tramp's ", so not too sure which one, but found this Shetland Trader 1972, is this the one you're looking for?

Attachments

·
Banned
5,898 Posts
ruud said:
Ahoy,

I found the JATO[PFCE] ex MEIKE[PFXJ] IMO:5170642 built in 1950 at the Scheepsbouw Unie[Groningen][245]
Hope this is the one you're looking for, and will come back later on the others.
Which I believe the PRINCESS should be PRINSES, and the Germans wrote STAD[Dutch] as STADT[German], there was a STADT ESSEN[DKFL] 1956 built at Werft Nobiskrug[Rendsburg] for Alfred Roth.
Ahoy,
Here the Stadt Essen as Stadt Rendsburg,seen at the Nieuwe Waterweg [New Waterway]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts