·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last offical Derby was run in 2005 who was the winner

·
Registered
17 Posts
Would that be the Alaska Ice Fishing Derby, the Homer Jackpot Halibut Derby or maybe the Golden North Salmon Derby I wonder?

Or do they have horses on skis up there?

Brian

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian
Plenty of grass up there in Summertime but you will have to work this one out yourself

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
treeve said:
There are some twenty seven Alaskan Derbies...
Question is which one is the official one.
But only one finished its last offical race in 2005 the others still take place. 2005 Is the clue

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gotta feeling this is going to be a tricksy one as Alaska seems to have more Derby's than the mad hatter.
I'm going to hazard a guess and say that it is the Soldotha Trustworthy Hardware's Ice Fishing Derby because it is moving to a new location in 2006 having had its last run at its previous location in 2005.

My confidence level in this solution is around 10%

Brian

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
benjidog said:
Gotta feeling this is going to be a tricksy one as Alaska seems to have more Derby's than the mad hatter.
I'm going to hazard a guess and say that it is the Soldotha Trustworthy Hardware's Ice Fishing Derby because it is moving to a new location in 2006 having had its last run at its previous location in 2005.

My confidence level in this solution is around 10%

Brian
No Brian.

Clue 2 This Derby can make or break the People in it due to ammount of money involved. In the first day of the 2005 Derby their were 6 fatalities.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Are you talking about the Crab Derby ( now closed due
to Bering Sea fishing rules ), in which a vessel was lost,
with the loss of lives?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts