Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. The attached is m/t "Petrogas1", photographed in Cartagena,Spain 1979.
She was a refrigerated LPG carrier of 11,600 nrt and 10350bhp. She was registered in Jeddah, O.N. 19066)2, and owned by Arab Gas, but managed for some years by Souter Hamlet (formerly W.A Souter) of Newcastle. I did several stints in this ship, and for the life of me I just cannot recall her previous identity-- although I seem to recall through the fog of years that she was formerly Norwegian. I have never found any reference to her, or photo, on any site I have researched, so again I have no clue as to her eventual end.

I would be grateful for any info-- I don't have a clue where to research her further.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks to Ulf Harrison for info re the ship. The eagle-eyed may note discrepancies between the text here and the write up re this ship in the gallery. That is because in my DisA she is variously listed on the ship stamp in column 1:
1979, registered Jeddah, O.N 19066)2 , nrt 11500
1980, registered Jeddah, O.N. 152/99,nrt 11506
1983, as above
1984, as above
9/1984,registered at Gibraltar, O.N still 152/99

seems from the link from Ulf that she was built 1964, and scrapped Shanghai 1985 so she gave up the sea the same year as I did!!!

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Again, I'm much obliged for the link--- search engines don't seem to find all these links!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts