Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just looked at latest posting in J & J Denholms, looks like most of the crews have died off.
No new posts, last ones are minutely spread over latter part of 2014.

Come on lads where are all you Denholm Cavalliers.

OJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
started my time on the crinan gorden daly was cadet captain roddie mckenkie was senior apprentice my cabin mate was tom workman his brother in law was jim nicoll mate was campbell kerr nice guy. master was buckley instructer was malcom something was anyone on this intake with me 1962 i think

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
started my time on the crinan gorden daly was cadet captain roddie mckenkie was senior apprentice my cabin mate was tom workman his brother in law was jim nicoll mate was campbell kerr nice guy. master was buckley instructer was malcom something was anyone on this intake with me 1962 i think
Malcom Thompson ?.

·
Premium Member
11,667 Posts
Malcom Thompson ?.

Malcolm Thompson. Fine gentleman. He put me for promotion to Mate in Loch Lomond. Most definitely an important set up the
ladder!

Bert Buckley.... first master Loch Lomond. Another gentleman... and with George Christodoulou as ChEng. Then BobbyTodd as 2/E.... Roger Mackrell and John Corrin. Could have not sailed with finer people.

Spence.... yes mate.... we are still there!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Malcom Thompson ?.
Hello Folks.

He has been in hospital for about a fortnight but is now back home, so I understand.

Not doing too well this last while.

One of his daughters is married to a fellow whose mother lives in the next village, so I get updates from time to time.

I'm sure we all wish him well.

Best Regards,

Roddie.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Roddie , if you get the chance please pass on my best wishes to him. Not only sailed with him a few times but also when I was with Cast and he did a few trips on the Cast Muskox.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Still alive but retired

Have just looked at latest posting in J & J Denholms, looks like most of the crews have died off.
No new posts, last ones are minutely spread over latter part of 2014.

Come on lads where are all you Denholm Cavalliers.

OJ
Sailed on the old MV Wellpark 1965 and other ore carriers, (Thumb)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sorry you got it wrong john he was old man on the cast husky and a bloody good one also a gentleman hope he is back on his feet soon kevin.

1 - 20 of 279 Posts