1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
258 Posts
It was a useful book and in many ways better than the ITU lists which have always been a few years out of date. In defence of the ITU, it was up to the member states to keep their entries updated, and many administrations were lax in that department. ALRS used to contact the coast stations directly (and still do) for the latest information, but some never responded to requests. At least Klingenfuss used 'off-air" monitoring for their data, which at least was accurate until stations closed or changed frequencies, sometimes without notice.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
There was another book of utility frequencies that was more up to date, published by a radio club called SPEEDX, they also had monthly updates.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not related to the books but I visited JK once at his home ... can’t remember when but it must have been in the 1970s. He lived near Stuttgart. He wasn’t a licensed radio amateur but an SWL ’par excellence’. His radio room was fully of interesting gear ... made me feel really envious. He gave me one of his books ... self-published and with a red cover.
W

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dan Ferguson's list is updated almost daily although he may have gone on holiday as his last update was Christmas Eve - B20-201224-1900.zip . His files can be downloaded from here......https://groups.io/g/swskeds/files...although on your first visit you'll have to join and then log in every time subsequently. Often you'll get an email daily with an updated list compiled from four other major lists.

Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy 2021.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts