Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The design of these ships (Pic 1 in Costa livery, but also found within the Carnival Fleet) has been annoying me for some time.

There are three things that I could think of that resembled the shape of the design.
1. A Certain type of coach. butI couldn't find a picture of one, so I can't show you
2. A Buffalo
3. And A Bison (Pictured)

And with a little help from photoshop I will show why on earth I have made this stupid connection.

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

·
Registered
150 Posts
Itr's my honest opinion that the good old Bovril Boats of the Thames (c1950's) were more elegant than these wretched structures- no curves, only money-grabbing ,passenger-cramming flotation devices.
Your bulls and buffalos have far more style and shape than these monsters of the deep in my opinion!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ugly ship the Cost-a-Fortune. I was in Palermo with her last year. She made a flashy exit with thrusters here there and every where, made a feeble squeak with her whistle, and minced off into the sunset. We had to use three tugs to get off the wall, but left her standing as we went past as 27kts!!
Im sure that the Costa MArina used to be a container ship, it is definately converted

·
Banned
21 Posts
Anyone else see the comparison.

I cant really say what I think the ship looks like because it would be rude !!!!!!!!!

Nice one Daniel, like the suggestion of moving the funnel through 180 degrees

Chris

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hi Sailor boy 37

Ugly ship the Cost-a-Fortune. I was in Palermo with her last year. She made a flashy exit with thrusters here there and every where, made a feeble squeak with her whistle, and minced off into the sunset. We had to use three tugs to get off the wall, but left her standing as we went past as 27kts!!
Im sure that the Costa MArina used to be a container ship, it is definately converted
These are the two that were converted from container ships.
http://www.faktaomfartyg.se/annie_johnson_1969.htm
http://www.faktaomfartyg.se/axel_johnson_1969.htm

If you have a look at the one for Axel Johnson, she became the Costa Marina.

Regards
Karl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts