Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Containership APL (American President Lines) Panama has been aground nr Ensenada, Mexico since Christmas day. Attempts to move her have so far been unsuccessful.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
LAND HO! (crash) Oops! I should have said that sooner!!

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your pressie could be in that wheelbarrow Jan!
It's going to take a few years if that is all they have to lighten the ship.
I believe they are sending salvage experts from Scotland to try a refloat. Wonder why Gdynia has gone quiet all of a sudden?

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
R651400 said:
Your pressie could be in that wheelbarrow Jan!
It's going to take a few years if that is all they have to lighten the ship.
I believe they are sending salvage experts from Scotland to try a refloat. Wonder why Gdynia has gone quiet all of a sudden?
Malcolm

Unfortunately Im offshore Ras Shukheir,Egyptian Red Sea Coast salvaging a ruptured Oil pipeline. This other one can wait untill later as it wont go very far especially if my Mate Coastie is keeping his eyes on it.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Am watchin' it, Gdynia, I'm watchin' it! It's not moved yet!

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Cheers Coastie theres money in oil and this pipelines gushing. Mind you Greenpeace wont show up here. Dont know how to spend all this salvage money.The other one will wait.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Gdynia.

Buy your own ship and go independant!!

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
I'll drink to that!! (Pint)

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gulpers said:
See DMA's thread on APL Panama for more info
Searched gallery and forum for APL Panama. Result....zilch.
Missed DMA's thread.... Don't read 'em all!

·
ex-Denholm Moderator
11,591 Posts
R651400 said:
Searched gallery and forum for APL Panama. Result....zilch.
Missed DMA's thread.... Don't read 'em all!
Malcolm,

Yes, I agree. It's easy to miss items due to the vast quantities being posted nowadays.

Click the link at the bottom of my previous message and it will take you to DMA's thread. (Thumb)

·
Bilge Rat
36,005 Posts
Salvage

gdynia said:
Cheers Coastie theres money in oil and this pipelines gushing. Mind you Greenpeace wont show up here. Dont know how to spend all this salvage money.The other one will wait.

Have you got connections with "Titan Marine salvage"? my older Brother did quite a few salvage jobs for them. all ships i think. (Thumb)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I can't understand why they don't follow the method used to refloat the Sealand Express in Cape Town. Bring in a dredger and dig a trench to drop her in to, each time the had dredged some sand away the tugs managed to move her a fraction closer to deeper water. Surely this would be the best technique to use?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts