Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am researching a photo to be able to do a line drawing for my cousin who was on the UK Flagged vessel 'Aqaba Crown in the 80's. He said she was Sea Containers owned.

Her previous names were many but she was, in her time: Columbus Capricorn - Ursus - Rienzi - Sofala.

All he can recall is she was buiolt by Rickmers!

Any help appreciated!

Jonty

·
Super Moderator (L)
1,742 Posts
Hi Jonty ...

I may be able to help you, but need access to my pic drive which I don't have at the moment, hopefully I will by early next week.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ian,

She was Rickmer's built and is a smaller feeder type combi job. There are photos of her as Hilar Mas and she is described as a container vessel. I am after her as Aqaba Crown.

Cheers though - hat photo site is an excellent one by the way.

Jonty

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am researching a photo to be able to do a line drawing for my cousin who was on the UK Flagged vessel 'Aqaba Crown in the 80's. He said she was Sea Containers owned.

Her previous names were many but she was, in her time: Columbus Capricorn - Ursus - Rienzi - Sofala.

Any help appreciated!

Jonty
I sailed as a deck hand on the Aquaba crown between Rotterdam and the Red Sea ports in 1977, have many great memories but sadly only one good photo which may help you out.
She was a sea containers roll on roll off if that's the correct ship you are researching?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can't claim any right to this picture, sorry. View attachment 689490
HijontyI remember the ro ro ship aquabar crown in the red sea maybe jeddah or aquabar 76 77 got no photos of the ship but remember the ship like yesterday I was a real anorak for ships in those days still am now did they have anything to do with cunard think there were other ro ro ship jeddah crown lets know how your search goes regards tony

·
Registered
204 Posts

Any help appreciated!

Jonty
Hi Jonty, it looks like the correct IM0 number is 7328645 there are 3 photos of Her on the Shipspotting.com site with the 11 different names she has/had just google the IM0 number and that will lead you to a potted history of the ship and some photos of Her. Good luck with your search and maybe one of the previous posters will confirm this post by looking at Shipspotting. com site to check that I have not mistakenly sent you on a fools errand. Cheers J.W

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Jonty, it looks like the correct IM0 number is 7328645 there are 3 photos of Her on the Shipspotting.com site with the 11 different names she has/had just google the IM0 number and that will lead you to a potted history of the ship and some photos of Her. Good luck with your search and maybe one of the previous posters will confirm this post by looking at Shipspotting. com site to check that I have not mistakenly sent you on a fools errand. Cheers J.W
I've googled this imo number on 3 different sites and al come up with the same vessel hilir ma's genral cargo built 1973 flag Indonesia not the ro ro I recall in the red sea I'm also sure aquabar crown had camel line on the Hull regards tony

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've googled this imo number on 3 different sites and al come up with the same vessel hilir ma's genral cargo built 1973 flag Indonesia not the ro ro I recall in the red sea I'm also sure aquabar crown had camel line on the Hull regards tony
Just googled jeddah crown as aquabar crown both had Brocklebank funnel colours something to do with sea containers jeddah crown had something to do with Ben line

1 - 15 of 15 Posts