Ships Nostalgia banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Yes. On Gallic Bridge if I recall correctly. Gingery hair, usually bearded. Paid off the Gallic Bridge, he (4/E?) , Bryce Brown (3/M) and me and I think Graham MacQueen, the other appy, paid off Port Talbot. Bryce hired a hire car and we drove to Glasgow. Exceeding the speed limit clocking over the ton chunks of rubber came out of a tyre, luckily spotted it and changed wheel. Off we went and the other tyre did it too. Called AA, new tyre ...... Anyway I stayed with Jimmy a couple of days, from recall out Greenock way..........Been a while .....
Thanks for your post Iain . Feel I must respond as these names mean a lot. Jimmy Fielding married to Anne lived
in Inverkip and his brother lived next door to me in Weymss Bay. I sailed with Jim on the Dunkyle and when he left
Denholms , he went to the tug Rolliker based at Gourock . Sadly he drowned one night around 1976.

Bryce ( we knew him as Sam) and me did our pre sea together and were up for 2nd.mates together. He eventually
became master on the N.Sea supply ships but had a stroke and was confined to a wheelchair for many years.
He passed away about 8-9 years ago.

Not sure if you were aware of the above.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for your post Iain . Feel I must respond as these names mean a lot. Jimmy Fielding married to Anne lived
in Inverkip and his brother lived next door to me in Weymss Bay. I sailed with Jim on the Dunkyle and when he left
Denholms , he went to the tug Rolliker based at Gourock . Sadly he drowned one night around 1976.

Bryce ( we knew him as Sam) and me did our pre sea together and were up for 2nd.mates together. He eventually
became master on the N.Sea supply ships but had a stroke and was confined to a wheelchair for many years.
He passed away about 8-9 years ago.

Not sure if you were aware of the above.
Hey John, Thanks for the info' . No I didn't know about those outcomes. Sad to see they are both gone now. Both were quite mischevious in their own way. Lot of fun.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts