Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am researching my grandfather's career with Elders and Fyffes. I understand he was an Extra Master Mariner, sailing to the Caribbean in the 1920s and 30s. I have a couple of photos of the above ships, so I assume he was on those. Does anyone have any information on him?

Peter Moss

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
hello and welcome from Havelock North NZ. I can't help you personally but I'm sure someone will along soon to help.. Quite a few E&F ex crew on here.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Peter,

The London Guildhall Museum Library holds copies of the Lloyd's Captains Register, which lists alphabetically masters and mates who received their certificates between 1851 and 1869. Copies of entries between 1870 and 1948 are held at the London Metropolitan Archive (as a start, see here).

Information listed includes dates of qualification and names of vessels in which they served.

If you scroll down the page you will see the entry for "Marsden - Myles", which will include listings for Captains with the surname Moss.

Help for those wishing to use the Archive site and the various search options available are given on the site. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts