Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stephenson Clarke's experiment into wind power. ASHINGTON seen on Tilbury Landing Stage on the River Thames on the 20th April 1988.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Hello Strack, how did it all work out did it look promising in 1988? bearing in mind future possibilities.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Guys,
Did a few trips on the Ashington, before and after the windsail. Mainly with Captain Joe Johnson and laughing Bill Gibson.
Also went down to R.S.A. during the miner's strike with Capt Pirie, Mate was Duncan Mc Callum. George Todd was the donkeyman and Ron Dobie Bosun. I remember going to Dunston staithes, we must have been one of the last to load there in 1980.

·
Registered
10 Posts
AD FROST
Did you sail from teesport to cape town then round to durban then all the way back to genoa i was on that trip edh with my cousin micheal elliott steward had a great time down in sa

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
AD FROST
Did you sail from teesport to cape town then round to durban then all the way back to genoa i was on that trip edh with my cousin micheal elliott steward had a great time down in sa
No joined in Caen,loaded soda ash Santander for Durban.Durban,Genoa,Huelva,Lisbon.Light ship to Blyth.(1985)(Thumb)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts