Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Atlantic Conveyor was designed on the Tyne by Swan Seeker and provided to Cunard in 1970 as aspect of their participation to the Ocean Package Range range. It would go on to be sunk in the 1982 Falkland Isles issue, where it provided as an airplane boat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My late Brother in law delivered lifting spreaders .for lifting.Harrier jump jets.on the day she sailed from Plymouth on her ill fated voyage.

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
Funnily enough I follow "Atlantic Sail" around on AIS. Container/roro. ACL is part of Grimaldi these days. Atlantic Sail is currently in NY. (Sorry I digressed)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Worked by acl⁷
Worked by acl conveyor for 6 months in Canada Dock Liverpool before she sailed for the Falklands I was there to get ship ready for the load line serveywe had a Skelton crew ceng was a assistant Don litter 2eng Black Angus che Cook jolly jock bosun was John from Cornwall can't think of his ser name and last but not least capt Ian north I was living local and used to bring him his daily paper when he was sitting in the toilet captain bird's-eye a gem of a guy the ship sailed from Liverpool down south 5 weeks later I joined saxsonia to the Falklands good memories of the convayor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Worked by acl⁷
Worked by acl conveyor for 6 months in Canada Dock Liverpool before she sailed for the Falklands I was there to get ship ready for the load line serveywe had a Skelton crew ceng was a assistant Don litter 2eng Black Angus che Cook jolly jock bosun was John from Cornwall can't think of his ser name and last but not least capt Ian north I was living local and used to bring him his daily paper when he was sitting in the toilet captain bird's-eye a gem of a guy the ship sailed from Liverpool down south 5 weeks later I joined saxsonia to the Falklands good memories of the convayor
Would that be Tony H by any chance? Was on the Conveyor as deck cadet when she was laid up in Liverpool. I think I spent a few weeks with you sorting out the shower stalls in the unoccupied cabins. Then sailed with you on one of the S Class where I remember you chasing me around the main deck after I made an irreverent comment about your missus! I also remember a couple of stories the late Andy Pritchard told about you - one of which included a goat and a life jacket! Hope you are ok Tony. Good times. Paul B.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would that be Tony H by any chance? Was on the Conveyor as deck cadet when she was laid up in Liverpool. I think I spent a few weeks with you sorting out the shower stalls in the unoccupied cabins. Then sailed with you on one of the S Class where I remember you chasing me around the main deck after I made an irreverent comment about your missus! I also remember a couple of stories the late Andy Pritchard told about you - one of which included a goat and a life jacket! Hope you are ok Tony. Good times. Paul B.
Hi Paul B what u doing these days

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow a mighty blast from the past,Captain pritch Was my first trip "old man" on the scythia; me being 1st trip engineer cadet (3/7/84-20/12/84). He left a damn Good impression on me,Good with his hands too RIP. I sailed on the Atlantic causeway next,what a downer,luckily they put me on the QE2 for my 3rd trip.Lets just say I made the most of it,learned f all about Stm plant mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts