Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with vessel called Texaco Texas
1949 Build Infro and photo would be great thanks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
"Texaco Texas", ex "Texas" was built for Texaco Panama, Inc. in 1949 by Bethlehem Steel Company, Quincy. She was 28,081 DWT and had 2 steam turbines giving 12500 hp at 100 rpm.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Australia Calling Texaco Texas

Mac
Thanks for infro on Texaco Texas,I have Located a photo of her from Vic Young in Wellington, N Z. My main aim with this vessel is to glean some details on a collision between her.and a tanker called (World Centurion) Which Happened in the outer harbour in Los Angeles 05/03/1962, being the ship I am trying to track down.Not easy is it.

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
Texas 17892 tons. Built 1949. 597.7 x 84.4 x 44.2. Code flags HOQN. Registered Panama & Panamanian flag. DF, ESD, GyC, Radar, machinery aft, cruiser stern, carrying petroleum in bulk. Turbines built by shipbuilders as in thread #2

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Australia Calling Re:Texaco Texas

R58484956
Thanks for your assistance with the above vessel most appreciative.
Regards Clive.

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Clive
The only bit I can find she was scrapped in 1986 but no details

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Australia Calling:Texaco Texas

Gdynia,thanks mate,
Any info help's must have been built to last, (37) years not a bad life for a 1949 job.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
World Centurion / Texaco Texas

Clive ,
I have checked "Marine News" ( normally a sound journal for listing collisions & etc.) for 1962 & 1963 and can find no trace of this collision.
Can but assume it was a minor incident.

Regards,
Rick

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Australia Calling Re:Texaco Texas.

Sorry I had almost forgotten this thread. I was waiting to get some information from the American authorities which I don't think is going to be forthcoming but I have been able to resolve this question via other channels within this site.

Thanks everyone for your help. Regards Clive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts