Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi ( my first post) I would say the photo with the Junk in is Definatly Shanghai, I first went there in 1960 on the M.V. Breconshire I think (Glen line). Some of those large Junks looked spectacular towards dusk and were a must for anyone with an interest in photography. As Zolapower has said cameras were forbidden but many of the crew would be tempted. I was hounded by one of the Chinese guards that were posted onboard because he suspected I was about to take photos, about the only way to take pictures would be through your porthole, that’s if your cabin was on that side of the ship

·
Registered
256 Posts
Chedernibles, Do you remember the only place we were allowed ashore was to the seaman’s mission , all the money had pictures of machinery on it , the smallest denomination had a bicycle and higher up the chain was a rocket.
I am getting away from the thread, I also sailed on the Gorgon between Singapore and W.A as Electrician,1992-1993.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.