Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sailed on the Uppland in the early 70s as motorman ,good feeder ,league of nations crew ,but good croud; picked up in Genoa paid off in Lisbon after 9 months or so. Mike Griffiths

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Sailed on the Uppland in the early 70s as motorman ,good feeder ,league of nations crew ,but good croud; picked up in Genoa paid off in Lisbon after 9 months or so. Mike Griffiths
I never sailed for Axel Brostrom but I did sail on a few Norwegian ships with quite a few Nationalities represented..

Frank

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also sailed on the Fisons Realf(norski) Immingham to Casablanca for phosphate ,also a few foreign flags from Rotterdam

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Mike, I sailed for about six years on Norwegian ships (1969 - 1976), I used the Liverpool pool a few times and I signed on a few in Norway. I visited Rotterdam many times but I never shipped out of there..

Cheers Frank

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike, I sailed for about six years on Norwegian ships (1969 - 1976), I used the Liverpool pool a few times and I signed on a few in Norway. I visited Rotterdam many times but I never shipped out of there..

Cheers Frank
[/]
The Norski that I was on was out of the Liverpool pool , as I remember it was above
The Crocodile , and when in R/dam I used to stay at "Tehuis voor zeileeden", interesting times for a you ng kid from rural Mid Wales , and some memorable characters . Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts