Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Bull sharks get their name from their short, blunt snout, as well as their pugnacious disposition and a tendency to head-butt their prey before attacking.Thought I'd add that as a snippet of information for the otherwise uninformed.
Horrible way to go for the lady but nothing is risk free, condolences to her family.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
"Cruise ship passenger" - I question the relevance of that description to the incident reported. A person snorkelling suffered a shark attack in Bahama. How she travelled there has no relevance whatsoever. Would "Boeing 777 passenger..." have made the headlines if she had travelled by air?
Weird business, journalism.

·
Registered
77 Posts
"Cruise ship passenger" - I question the relevance of that description to the incident reported. A person snorkelling suffered a shark attack in Bahama. How she travelled there has no relevance whatsoever. Would "Boeing 777 passenger..." have made the headlines if she had travelled by air?
Similar thing happened here in NZ , a group of passenger from a cruise ship went on a boat trip to a volcanic island,it erupted while they were there causing death and injury , the survivors are now suing the cruise company for allowing them to go to a dangerous place , really ! !

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
Two weeks ago a cruise passenger died at Horseshoe Beach (Bermuda) No panic. She suffered heart failure while swimming.

A friends sent the news about the shark attack at the Bahamas. He asked, "When was the last time there was a shark attack in Bermuda water?" Good question. I checked. The last was in 1939. I guess I'll go back into the water.

Stephen

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
I prefer Elbow Beach. The sharks can't get to the terrace. This photo was taken two weeks ago. Not like this today. Rain and wind at the moment. Hurricane Earl expect to pass is later this evening. 100 miles off. Probably no more than 65 knot gusts, otherwise 45 kts.

Water Sky Property Furniture Table

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ron you are right ! but being at the bottom of africa - we tend to get late or no news about anything else that is not relevant to our country so have to watch sky or bbc or cnn - the caption at the bottom of their scroll said passenger from a cruise ship in the bermuda island - hence my interest - BTW we have the GREAT WHITE SHARK IN HOME WATERS ! Enough said

1 - 12 of 12 Posts