Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Balmoral Trip

I took a trip on the BALMORAL yesterday (17th June) from Tilbury to Ipswich via Clacton and Harwich taking in the sites of the lower Thames, North Sea off the east coast, Felixstowe Docks, Harwich/Parkston Quay, River Orwell and Ipswich wet dock, seven and a half hours in all.

Excellent value at £25 a head including coach back to Tilbury, I would recomend it.

Photo of BALMORAL at last years Trafargar Review plus a couple of shots heading out into the North Sea and approaching Ipswich wet dock.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,577 Posts
I will be in Felixstowe at the end of July for my cousins daughters wedding. Wonder if Balmoral will still be around then?. Went on her last year from Yarmouth I.O.W. But used to sail on her on a regular basis when she was on the Cowes-Southampton route for Red Funnel. Also did day trip on her as a nipper from Ventnor Pier(now since long gone)to Southampton Docks and back. I had cut my foot badly a few days earlier, but the hospital bandaged it up well, and I managed to hobble on board against my mothers wishes. But I was mad keen on ships even in those days, so nothing would have stopped me?!. David

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have some of her in Rotterdam somewhere, a friend who's a pilot there sent them to me.

I'm just putting together a website about the ship, will be on www.mvbalmoral.co.uk however its still very much under construction !

Got a lot of pictures of the ship, shame to have them sat in the draw. Will be adding a gallery to the site to show them on . .

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts