Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sadly on the 20th May Fraser closed the web site down. He posted his message on FaceBook. ..........."I have from tonight closed bluestarline.org permanently. The reasons being financial, failing eyesight and other health concerns which make it impossible to keep the website updated.

Thank you to all those who have visited the website in the past.

Fraser Darrah".

A very informative company website with a list and history of all the company ships, many images supplied by members, history of the Vestey family firm, crew lists going back into 1970' s or earlier until the demise from the centre fold of the house magazine, a logbook of posts, obituary section and copies of the house magazine as pdf's and images of various reunions. Other intersting sections added by Fraser including his own photographic images.
A well structured and interesting website, definately a labour of love by one man.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news

I am pleased to report that www.bluestarline.org* is alive again. (Applause)(Thumb)(Pint)

Jim Blake the custodian and webmaster may have to carry out a few tweaks in the background so it may be off ocassionally in the month, but from what I have seen there are no scavenge fires or trailing anchors and the gyro is running true and it appears to operate quite smoothly.
So we look forward to some sea stories from the roaring 20th century, you have written them on SN, why not repeat them on BSl.

This is not just for BSl staff, but L&H & Booth Line .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts