Ships Nostalgia banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was on the Patience (3/E) in '80 when John Nicholson had one, of reportedly 6, retirement do's. This one was in the Isle of Grain with quite a number of HO staff there. As I remember he had other do's in Rotterdam and Harlow with others obviously elsewhere. Again, as I remember it, he was given quite a decent cheque and a picture as well as other gifts. The rumor was that HO wanted him gone so that the storing standards he had introduced could be amended down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
British Tankers

Hi Graham.
This may be of interest to you and your B.P. file.
I wasnt in the engine department,but catering,
but I thought that Id add my two pennyworth
anyway.Ships I served on during the 1950s were :-

British Pioneer (later the Clyde Pioneer)
British Resource
British Envoy (later the Clyde Envoy)
British Duke
British Hero.

Apart from the "Duke" they were not bad ships.

All the Best

Dave Williams(R583900)
Yes I sailed on the British Pioneer. My Ist ship was the British Ranger for 3 months, then the M.V Marun part owned by the Iranins on there for 4months and three weeks, paid off 1978 just before the war kicked off. We ran from Bandar Abbas to Bandar Mashar, also going to Kharg Island.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes I sailed on the British Pioneer. My Ist ship was the British Ranger for 3 months, then the M.V Marun part owned by the Iranins on there for 4months and three weeks, paid off 1978 just before the war kicked off. We ran from Bandar Abbas to Bandar Mashar, also going to Kharg Island.
Tom, I have just checked my discharge book and the crew lists and I was also on the Marun in 78 doing the Bandar Abbas/Bandar Mashahr run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Graham, I don’t know if the database is still being maintained, but I would be interested in seeing it.
I was with BP from 1970 to 1975.
I can supply details if required.
Geoff

101 - 107 of 107 Posts