Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just said hello and left details on the welcome forum.
My name is Dave Edworthy, was a Leckie on BP Tankers for the period above, would love to hear from any former shipmates from that period.

Dave

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hiya Dave,
James Megarrell here, did'nt we sail together on one of the "River Boats", I'll take a guess at the "Test". If I remember correctly the lads used to call you "Joe 90", after a character in a TV show.
Have a look at your discharge book.
Enjoy the site it's fascinating, lots of BP guys and other companies as well. Just like being back at sea. Hope to hear from you.
Regards JamesM

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jim
From memory sailed with you on the Kiwi, Dart and perhaps another.
Were you from Mansfield?, married to Maggie?
Dave

·
Banned
2 Posts
Was on the BP Endeavor, ex British Cygnet, BP Explorer and finally back to the British Cygnet again..I think 1967 / 68

Gordy is my name

GB

Gordy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steve Robson
Engineer cadet (first trip) British Beech, joined with Kevin Farthing
Chief Engineer was Brian Payne and Second was Alan Dawant (looked like sargeant Bilko) Also third engineers were Jack Hickey and Paul Dunn.
Also sailed on British Resolution British Renown and British Tweed.
Joined first ship in 1980

Steve

·
Registered
324 Posts
Steve Robson
Engineer cadet (first trip) British Beech, joined with Kevin Farthing
Chief Engineer was Brian Payne and Second was Alan Dawant (looked like sargeant Bilko) Also third engineers were Jack Hickey and Paul Dunn.
Also sailed on British Resolution British Renown and British Tweed.
Joined first ship in 1980

Steve
Hello Steve, sailed with with Alan Dawant [sargeant Bilko was his nickname]. C/E was Frank Fenn sometime around 1970-71 on the BR. Fern I was 4/eng. regards Stewart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi

can anyone help me find any of the lads i sailed with i was on the british tamar, scientist,test resolution 4 times in panama then onto the avon , mv mokran and my last trip was on the dragoon i joind in 1975 and left in 1982(Jester)

·
Registered
15 Posts
can anyone help me find any of the lads i sailed with i was on the british tamar, scientist,test resolution 4 times in panama then onto the avon , mv mokran and my last trip was on the dragoon i joind in 1975 and left in 1982(Jester)
Hi, my brother Dave Bush was on BP tankers and i am sure he was on the Tamar, let me know if you knew him.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, did any of you guys know a Stephanie Broster? I did my Second Mates with her at South Shields College around 1980?
Steph Broster was Third Mate on my first trip as Deck Boy. We both joined the British Loyalty at RAK July 4th 1979.

Mick Crawford

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just said hello and left details on the welcome forum.
My name is Dave Edworthy, was a Leckie on BP Tankers for the period above, would love to hear from any former shipmates from that period.

Dave
hi dave,dont know if you know me or not phill tickle here was with B.P. till i left the sea in1978. i now live in Canada. My last ship was British Ranger. i went to sea in 1966 with P&O then Shell and finally B.P. All good years i must say i wish i could relive them.(Pint)

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey Ken,I was with B.P. until 1978, i may have sailed with you on the scientist but cant remember what year. I was either GP1 or P.O. then,my last ship was Britist Ranger in 1978.Sorry my name is Phill Tickle and now live in Canada

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Dave.
A few years have past since drinking PetDevs coffee in the workshop on Iolair. Often wonder where all the souls I met over the years have settled. I seldom vist Bristol these days although still have outlaws there. Please make contact for a good natter.
JJ

1 - 20 of 64 Posts