Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
brambleleaf

hi people first post on here and yep brambleleaf on the move she is leaving msj (middle slip jetty tomorrow with two tugs, multra tug 17 and multra tug 7 dunno where its of too condition is not bad they have left all the ariels and communication stuff onboard but pennant number blanked i will try and get more info as of where its going as my dad is currently in the rfa and currently on sister ship bayleaf. i got my info of qhm portsmouth gives all the naval and commercial movements cheers

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
I wonder if she is on her way to Able, there is supposed to be another "MOD" vessel coming before the Dock Cofferdam is finally closed. Never heard anything, just a bit of speculation on my part.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Rumours suggest Liverpool, now that Intrepid has been demolished and or possibly up to the north east to join the collection of rusting hulks. Imagine Grey Rover and Sir Percivale will follow shortly.

·
Retired, not expired
2,355 Posts
Brambleleaf has gone to the breakers...(report dated 19 August 2009)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Vital-part-of-Falklands-force.5567763.jp

A ship that faced danger in the Falklands war has left Portsmouth for the breaker's yard.

With the green light from the Environment Agency, Royal Fleet Auxiliary Brambleleaf was towed out of the harbour yesterday afternoon.

The 40,870 tonne support tanker was commissioned in February 1980 and has recently been docked in Portsmouth.

But she made her name in the freezing waters of the South Atlantic as she supplied warships on the frontline.

The 171-metre vessel, now bound for Belgium, replenished ships with fuel as they battled Argentina's forces.

Spotters gathered at Portsmouth's Round Tower yesterday afternoon to remember her important role.

...cont../..

·
Banned
390 Posts
And no doubt her bell will be auctioned off to the highest bidder as was Grey Rover's recently. (Heritage? What's that?)
Canada Dock is the next place to expect an arrival.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts