Ships Nostalgia banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have any info on British Dredging and their Ships. I was Chief Engineer of the Bow Queen in the 60s and would love to see some photos of her.

All the Ships in the Fleet started with "Bow=====. The Bow Belle was the Dredger that ran over the Marchioness on the Thames with a great loss of life.
K
I worked

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have any info on British Dredging and their Ships. I was Chief Engineer of the Bow Queen in the 60s and would love to see some photos of her.

Aged 18 I worked my passage back from Jersey on this boat in 65.
I don't recall the skipper as a particularly nice guy, although I stayed on as cook, in reality I only helped Margaret his wife, who went down on the boat 4 weeks after I was sacked( I was no cook!) So maybe he did me a favour as the cook on thar fateful night went down also.
Was the first engineer called Kent?

All the Ships in the Fleet started with "Bow=====. The Bow Belle was the Dredger that ran over the Marchioness on the Thames with a great loss of life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a cousin of Mrs McGrattan - Edna not Margaret? I am interested in the family history. I asked if she often went on voyages with her husband and was told no, that she was very seasick, that it was unusual for her to be aboard and there was maybe a reason for her to be on that trip? Does any of that sound right to you? Regards,

Christine Gatenby

41 - 43 of 43 Posts