Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread on the site before the big crash about the Merseyviews picture of a ship they call SS MANBUD and asked the experts what they knew about it.
I seem to remember that the general concensus was that it was in fact SS MAHSUD and I think Jim Pottinger was the main instigator of this view.
I am just about to make some notes on the subject and went to re-view the thread and feedback but alas it has disappeared into that vast void called
" Where the b****y hell did I see that"
Is it possible that someone could recall the facts and confirm that it is most likely MAHSUD 1.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Mahsud was my hypothesis at the time. I had looked up the same source of photos and queried the name, no search I did could come up with anything but "Merseysideviews". I had wondered if someone had made a hash of reading the reverse of the name - stems from the pic of the old Masirah where the name was on the reverse of the negative. Like yourself, I can't find the thread or my reply.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hugh.
It was obviously you that made the hypothesis and not Jim.
The thread went to the magic hard drive in the sky when the BIG BANG happened.

Stuart

·
Registered
960 Posts
Didn't hear a thing, but I was swanning round the Kiwi north island at the time, saw the odd box boat in Auckland. Saw Gisborne, looked like a standard old fashioned harbour/port, sadly couldn't linger, had to make Tolaga Bay by dusk (now there's an interesting old/ex-port) Didn't see Zelda's fisherman anywhere at Gisborne.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts