Ships Nostalgia banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
La Estancia

BillH,
I was amazed at the font of knowledge you seem to be on Buries Ships!

I was apprentice on the La Hacienda in 1963, La Colina 1964, La Chacra 1965, La Primavera 1965, La Loma 1966/67 La Sierra 1967/68 (4th Mate) La Estancia 1968/9 (3rd Mate)

You wouldn't have any information on these ships or Ports of call/crew lists?
I know its a long shot, but just thought I'd ask! Ernest.

BTW Someone mentioned Ron Maddison, I sailed with him on the La Sierra!
Ernest, part of La Estancia 4 or 5 s journey was June 1960 left Algeria for Gyb then to Recefe Brazill on through Panama to Kobe in Japan then Tarakan and on to Bunbury Western Oz I Don't know after that. But there are fantastic records of ships trips with actual dates held at the Guild Hall Library in London. They are all in massive books that they bring out on trolly's
I hope this helps.
Stogeaway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Steve
I agree she was a good ship, I was Master from July 62 july 63. Many good memories. Jack Keeler 3rd Engineer is here in BC.
Regards
Dennis Howes
Hi Dennus...I understand you were Chief Officer prior to master on La Hortensia....Do you remember the guys who jumped ship in Dakar ?.........One of them the red haired guy i kept in touch with tor a number of years till i lost contact...he ended up in Red Lake Canada in a gold mine after getting his geology degree..then on to chief executive for a well know mining company out there and very well heeled having exercised thoudands cheap share options he was granted and they went throjgh the roof...as i said lost contact maybe change of e mail

·
Registered
1 Posts
The chap you are enquiring about is Alan Bull. I sailed with him in Port Line. I contacted him last week through a YouTube site featuring PL ships. He is currently travelling in SE Asia but sorry to say, I don't have an e-mail address.
Alan mentioned the 'jumped ship' episode and so I was just now searching for a photo of the vessel.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts