Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give Me some idea of the value of a Canon FT: QL .I purchaced it Late1969 or early 197º it has 55mm lens FL. 1.12 nothing wrong with it just needs a good clean. Also has a small telefoto lens which clips on. Much appreciated! K:M:

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
A quick look on e-bay suggests that people are hoping to get around £40, dealers are more optimistic. Whether or not they sell is a different matter.
Unfortunately film cameras do not seem to fetch much nowadays - No demand.
Maybe my own collection will be worth something to those that come after those that come after me, but not in my lifetime for sure.

Just pop it in the glass cabinet.(Thumb)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disappointed, But realiise the world has changed ,Thanks Malcolm. Regards Keith . .Our glass cabinet is full of glass too!which We don·t use much anymore!

·
Registered
16,092 Posts
I read on a magazine page devoted to the question of old things' antiquarian value, that a pre-revolution Ruble is less worth today than it was when printed. This because so many saved a few in the expectation that they one day would be valuable. I am afraid that the same thing is likely to happen to film cameras. It is not easy to throw away what was once very fine and expensive instruments..

And regarding this, I just read on the net that today even digital reflex cameras are outmoded, as they are not as fast by far as completely digitalised ones (the flipping mirror cannot flip that fast), as well as being much more bulky. And the only reason they are still sold is that people are either uninformed or possess expensive lenses and other equipment that fits them. (I just bought a Nikon 3500 - damn!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts