Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone remember my uncle, joined MN in WW11, torpedoed 3 times, then sailed I believe with Sanko before ended up as a Forth pilot, I seem to remember he sailed on Jeep ships in WW11, would love to trace his records

Thanks in advance
Jamie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Captain Erik Clouston - Photos

Hello,

I have just joined this forum, and I see that you have not been on since 2010 - but hopefully this will find its way to you.

I have some photos of Captain Erik Cloustons ships and family.

Please get in touch with me for more information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you refer to someone who lived in Inverkeithing, curator of local museum. Yes. Unfortunately I do remember my experiences with him

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone remember my uncle, joined MN in WW11, torpedoed 3 times, then sailed I believe with Sanko before ended up as a Forth pilot, I seem to remember he sailed on Jeep ships in WW11, would love to trace his records

Thanks in advance
Jamie
If you refer to someone who lived in Inverkeithing, curator of local museum. Yes. Unfortunately I do remember my experiences with him

Thanks in advance
Jamie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jamie,
I was conducting some family research and looking for some information about my uncle when I found your comment on this website. I’m not sure if this will reach you, but I’m keen to find out more. Eric was my uncle. My mother Anna Marie was his elder sister. Id be keen to make contact with you. kind regards, Jo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Captain Erik Clouston - Photos

Hello,

I have just joined this forum, and I see that you have not been on since 2010 - but hopefully this will find its way to you.

I have some photos of Captain Erik Cloustons ships and family.

Please get in touch with me for more information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello John,

I hope this finds you. I was recently conducting some family research and by chance discovered your response to Jamie. Eric was my uncle. He was my mother Anna Marie de Graaff’s younger brother. My mother was also known as Amy Clouston. They were both raised in the Orkney Islands. As far as I know my brother Peter and myself were Eric’s only niece and nephew. Eric also had a daughter who is now deceased. I’d be most interested if you would be willing to share any information including family photographs that you may have of my uncle.

Kind regards, Jo

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Hi Jo,
It has been a while since John and the others have been on the site so it may be worthwile trying to send them a private conversation message.

Can you tell me if you are referring to Eric Herbert Clouston b. 1927? if so, then as per the original posters request I can at least tell you where his records are held if that is any use.
Regards
Hugh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jo,
It has been a while since John and the others have been on the site so it may be worthwile trying to send them a private conversation message.

Can you tell me if you are referring to Eric Herbert Clouston b. 1927? if so, then as per the original posters request I can at least tell you where his records are held if that is any use.
Regards
Hugh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Hugh,

thank you for your prompt response. Yes, that is the Captain Eric Herbert Clouston of whom I am speaking. I would be much obliged if you could forward any helpful information.

kind regards, Jo

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Hi Jo,
His main record of service is a CRS 10 which is held at Kew in piece BT 382/342 this file needs to be obtained by visit to the archives or via a researcher.
Eric H. Clouston has a seaman's pouch held at the National Archives, Kew in piece BT 372/757/110
He has a medal file which you can download from BT 395/1/17745 for free if you sign in to the page.

I can see him in 1956 as third officer on the Panamanian ss CALI - he had been in the MN for 13 years at the time indicating that he started at sea in 1943.
He is serving in 1945 as a cadet on ss BALFE.
I hope that helps.
Regards
Hugh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts