Ships Nostalgia banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would be pleased to hear, particularly from Roy (Suffolklad), or any one else who worked on BCIS ships. My father, Jim Smith, was second mate on the Jersey/Guernsey coast, though he worked on other boats belonging to this company too, and I remember the Captain's name, 'Killit' though my mother's Jersey pronunciation made it sound like Captain 'Keylet', or 'Keelett'. Thanks, Ian Smith.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone around who was in the British Channel Islands ships (subsidery of Coast Lines) in the early 60s ? I spent a bit of time in the Alderney Coast and the Jersey Coast. The Guernsey Coast was sunk after a collision with the Catcher while on passage St Peter Port to Portmouth with a cargo of tomatos.TonyR
My father Jim Smith was 2nd mate on one or two of these coasters in the early 60's. Maybe you new him. We lived in Jersey though my father was originally from Scotland. At that time he would have been early 40's in age. Dis you know him. Cpt Keelett was the senior officer we often heard mentioned by my father.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts