Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this two ships were on the london-brussels run from shadwell baison ,i was on the bucklaw when it took over their run, the bucklaw was converted in rotterdam,and to enable it to get to brussels we had to take the wheelhouse deckhead off,wheelhouse windows folded down the doors came off and the boat davits slipped down to the deck below,you could stand on the wing of the bridge in london, and look right into the prospet of witby? window.

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dom

nigelcollett said:
Sorry Dom but I'm having trouble working out what you "Research" query is

NigelC
yes lost the plot there, gibson's bucklaw what happened to her,any idea?i know they had small gas tanker named bucklaw but not the same?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Dom

Sorry I don't have any details concerning the fate of the Bucklaw as owned by Gibsons. Do you have the tonnage and Build date?

Bit more info and I sure somebody will come up with an answer, keep the thread active!

NigelC

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
MV Bucklaw, 424 tons built 1943 by Grangemouth Dockyard Co Ltd. 174.0 x 30.1 x 8.5.
7 cylinder diesel by British Auxiliaries Glasgow.ESD, Radar. Machinery aft.Registered Leith. British flag. Owned by G Gibson & Co Ltd.Code flags MMGJ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did a few trips on the old "Bucklaw", Willie Easton the skipper. Great crowd from Leith aboard. Happy days in Antwerp, Rotterdam et al.

fred

" just click your heels together three times "

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dom

i left her in london may 62,she was supposed to run leith paris but ended up as i said before london brussels,fred, cant make out the capt,name he was with me on the melrose willy miller if i remember right,trip before j johnson took over as capt,used to call him the kirkgate bull,good times and runs

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Dom

Even with the extra info I'm afraid I can't be of any help as to her fate.

It might pay dividends to start up a new Thread headed MV BUCKLAW

I give it a try if I were you

Regards

NigelC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts