Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Mother’s Day is right around the corner and we’re guessing if there’s one person you go all out for, it’s Mom.

Of course, no two moms are the same and deciding on the perfect Mother’s day gift for your mom, wife, or grandma can sometimes be … difficult, to say the least. Don’t stress though!

Joint Flower Plant Shoulder Facial expression

For those of you that have epic Mother’s day gift ideas to share with your community, please do. Maybe even help another community member make their mom’s day that much more special. Let us know how much your mother loved her gift! Oh, and feel free to share photos!

Thank you for being part of this community, for being kind, and for sharing.

~VS Community Management Team

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was living in HK and phoned Mum every month on a Sunday.
One Sunday there was a bit of a frosty conversation. It transpired that I had forgotten Mother’s Day. I had, but in my defence, Mother’s Day in my diary was for that date used in America.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone!

Mother’s Day is right around the corner and we’re guessing if there’s one person you go all out for, it’s Mom.

Of course, no two moms are the same and deciding on the perfect Mother’s day gift for your mom, wife, or grandma can sometimes be … difficult, to say the least. Don’t stress though!

View attachment 691649

For those of you that have epic Mother’s day gift ideas to share with your community, please do. Maybe even help another community member make their mom’s day that much more special. Let us know how much your mother loved her gift! Oh, and feel free to share photos!

Thank you for being part of this community, for being kind, and for sharing.

~VS Community Management Team
May I suggest my novel: "Finding Cristina"? You can find it on Amazon Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/Finding-Crist...962466&sprefix=finding+cristina,aps,98&sr=8-1

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was living in HK and phoned Mum every month on a Sunday.
One Sunday there was a bit of a frosty conversation. It transpired that I had forgotten Mother’s Day. I had, but in my defence, Mother’s Day in my diary was for that date used in America.
I was born and raised in the UK but have lived in the US with my American wife for many years. Mother's day in the US is in May and Mothering Sunday in the UK is in March. When my mother was still alive we would get two mother's day cards each year. We would keep one of them to send to my mother in England the following year.

·
Registered
876 Posts
As most of us are approaching 70 or more we are lucky if our mothers are still with us as they will be in their 90's, having just lost my Mother within a month of her 93 birthday.

In the US its an excuse for more spending, whereas here in the UK its Mothering Sunday, the day that the big houses of the Lords and Gentry allowed their staff to go and see their mothers and take a cake they had made below stairs.
But like a lot of 'feast days' its a big commercial thing in the US. We never had Halloween in the UK, but bonfire night ( collecting coppers for the Guy Fawkes effigy you had made) and All Souls night, not this Trick or Treating lark.
So, when is Fathers Day, 9 months before Mothers Day.

I cannot see Bosses Day going down too well over here, and Secretaries Day, well there are no secretaries now, you type it yourself, they are just clerks or administrative assistants or some other gender neutral label. Even your Company Secretary's have dispeared and have some pc name.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts