Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just left a message with article from edward looking for( EDH manual ) after 18 yrs as cook he is wanting to go on deck?? what are your thoughts on this? i am old fashioned perhaps but times they are a changing.??? (Night) (EEK) (egg)

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ships cook

sorry Edward?
sounds like its the wrong company not the job title, advise a move if i was you! once upon a time while working for Zapata marine on the Trojan Service i used to stand in for the cook when he went on leave for a few days(some tales there too) i was no cook but i had some fun, well any way we had a reliefe captain(Norweigan) join us on one of my stints as reliefe cook, one day while preparing the daily experimental dinner the captain came in the galley and told me i had forgotten to clean his cabin and make his bunk up i told him that i would empty his gash can and that is about as far as us brits went, he left the galley a bit shocked but at least never asked again i do remember him muttering some think in Norsk as he left but i havnt lost any sleep on it. also rambling a bit remember working on deck reversing onto oil rig bad weather taking ropes from rig and preparing dinner at same time? running into galley of the deck to check on things in my yellow oil skins, there was this American sat in the mess area waiting to be lifted onto rig watching me coming and goiing, always remember him saying "first time he had ever seen a cook in oil skins" good old days.
Any way Edward good luck in your endevours i am sure you will be welcome in what ever dept you choose but remember its not where your at but who you are with? (EEK)
JIM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.