Ships Nostalgia banner

1081 - 1100 of 1135 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
On the plus side, assuming going into the flu season everyone is still masked up, hopefully it will reduce the spread of other viruses not just COVID.

·
Premium Member
10,344 Posts
Possibly. If what we hear about the Taiwanese is correct (have been habitual mask wearers since the 50's) than that should be seen in the statistics there for 'their' seasonal 'flu.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I understand in the yearly Flu Injections this year there will be a bit extra to try to help combat the Covid. You will not be immune but if you do catch it the symptoms won't be as bad.

Was this Covid designed for Pension companies to cull their members as we are living too long as its reducing profits for shareholders.

·
Premium Member
10,344 Posts
For those with funds that are not fully funded pension administrators (and indeed charity treasurers) would find a sudden lightening of the outgoings 'serendipitous'. I am sure their professional bodies have some rule about actually arranging a cull (I hope the MNOPF is administered by a member of such a one!).

As a world we are going to have to do something to shrink the population (and end the financial world's dependence on growth. Stability is good everywhere else (except perhaps control systems requiring superfast responses) why not 'in the City'? But, like the actual out turnings of the science of eugenics, that does not mean culling. By gas or any engineered virus (I doubt myoxima would now be introduced to a foreign and immunity free population to control it but then again the rabbit was not a native to many places it now occupies. A little learning is a dangerous thing).

·
Registered
194 Posts
There was something in the news the other day that suggested some countries such as Japan and Spain’s population would be half of what it is today by the end of the century. Birth rates are plummeting.
No youngsters to pay for the oldies.

·
Registered
739 Posts
PA, thats why we keep importing all these johnny foreigners that breed like rabbits and have cousins in other countries.
Now it looks like we are going to be getting the poulation of Hong Kong.
So make sure you keep you passport current to proove you are Anglo Saxon.
You only have to look at the Chancellor the PM and one of the female ministers.

·
Registered
23,019 Posts
There's a bloke on here who exported himself to South Africa you would get on with really well.
You could do speaking tours around the townships together.

·
Registered
915 Posts
PA, thats why we keep importing all these johnny foreigners that breed like rabbits and have cousins in other countries.
Now it looks like we are going to be getting the poulation of Hong Kong.
So make sure you keep you passport current to proove you are Anglo Saxon.
You only have to look at the Chancellor the PM and one of the female ministers.
I hope readers see the irony in your message. Dangerous ground to tread these days where the old British sense of humour is not always
appreciated or understood.

Nick

·
Registered
USSCo,Shell,P&O,Bank Line, ODA BSI, pilot Orkney,Honiara,Yambu,Dubai,Yeman, Oil Movements Egypt,etc
69 Posts
Hong Kong people who have Bristish passports have a right to come to the UK as the agreement that was made with the UK promised them self determination for 50 years I think and it has now been renegged by China.

·
Registered
915 Posts
If the incomers don't like our sense of humour then they should clear off from whence they came. Its our sense of humour and our country.
The country is being ruined by the PC brigade.
https://youtu.be/bp8aTvVqE7I
Sorry old chap, but I do not think that is the way it works nowadays. Everything needs to be multicultural and no culture can ever trump another no matter how many millennia you have been resident. Well, that is way we are supposed to see it here in Canada. No Yankee melting pot nonsense for us Johnnies!

Nick

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Mr. Steve, Moderator, I have carefully considered Your comments regarding My PostNo1077 and I admit(again) that I posted on the wrong thread,Rules are Rules, and I stepped over the line!However , I am doubtful that Your terms of reference as a Moderator include giving personal criticism of a post just because It contains content that is opposed to Your opinions Our political leanings are worlds apart ,But that is how Democracy works, But to describe My post as "STUPID" is , I suggest way above Your position as Moderator , Many will disagree with Me, Many will not! Democracry again,MY post was NOT STUPID just posted in the wrong place!Regards KeithMar(Keith Marzetti)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Kiethmar, I don't see anything wrong with your post 1077. Where I came from we call a Spade a Spade. People are too pc now. We were all at sea, and it was "no holds barred". Some of the comments we used to exchange in the Duty Mess would have had the present generation of 20 year olds in tears. But we gave as good as we got and respected for it, not crept away.

So a politician is just another job , his job interview was the polling booth. Boris might be the life and soul of the party in the bar , but he could be rubbish when working. We have all met them and discussed them on other ships. I understand he has been sacked from various jobs in the past, but they say he is an interlectual. I am sure something like Covid could have floored any politician. He has had tomwalk a fine line making it up as he has gone along.
Lets be glad we live on the East side of the Atlantic as it sounds things are becoming worse.
I understand you have to be wearing a mask when entering a restaurant in the US, but can take it off when you sit down, yet waiters and waitresses and cooks don't need to wear masks or gloves, so where is the logic in that.

We live in a democracy able to speak our mind, be we are right or wrong or unpopular. The truth always hurts.(Cloud)

·
Registered
355 Posts
........I understand you have to be wearing a mask when entering a restaurant in the US, but can take it off when you sit down, yet waiters and waitresses and cooks don't need to wear masks or gloves, so where is the logic in that.........

(Cloud)
Absolutely not the case where I live in Virginia. As for the rest of the country, I don't know but I would be surprised if what you say is true.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Mild Irritant

There's a bloke on here who exported himself to South Africa you would get on with really well.
You could do speaking tours around the townships together.
It will probably come as a considerable shock to you, but sitting in the front row you are in a far better position to comprehend the unfolding drama than the bloke up in the Gods.
Similarly the intricacies of Plot can be followed much more accurately by the theatre goer than by the fellow who is not even in the audience.
Keep your nose wet in these trying times Sparkles, it will then be in sync with the rest of your head.
Meningi Manzi lappa Skop kawena.B\)
signed
Incredibly Hurt of Tonbridge Wells.

·
Registered
16,091 Posts
Move this to Stormy Weather. Do something to indicate this is not what SN is about. "The walls of Vienna" crowd has more than enough outlets as it is.

1081 - 1100 of 1135 Posts