Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads,

can't find a pic of this vessel anywhere. I was 2nd Mate on her in the late 70s cruising the Meddy and generally having a great time, what a mixed bag we were. Pensionable Cory Master, youngish ex-Blue Flue Mate, ex-BP Tanker 2/O (me) and 3/O was a fishing boat skipper out of the Clyde. Laughs galore. Anyhow, if anybody could whistle-up a photo of this sistership to the Corbeach I would be most grateful as it is the only vessel left of my 15 years service of which I'm missing a pic.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Corbank. Corbeach. Corburn.

Nelson, Paul0510, Zelo0510, R651400. Very good pics of these ships.
Google, Goole Shipbuilding.
go down to third.
Look in 1956.
All the best .
Barney. (Thumb)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I sailed on the Corbank, 3rd Eng, in 1962/63. I liked the ship and the people onboard, only trouble I never had any money, to many ports. If you watch the movie, Get Carter, starring Micheal Caine you can catch a glimpse of the Corbank passing the bridge at Newcastle, you might have to slow the video down to see it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
In 1956 I had 5 weeks on Corburn as R/O. Captain WF Anderson. The mate looks to be Beswick, or similar. I'm trying to recall the number of crew on her, how many deck and engineroom. Any ideas how crews were made up on 2,000 ton colliers? I'm attempting to set down a few memories whilst they're still there.

·
Registered
753 Posts
In 1956 I had 5 weeks on Corburn as R/O. Captain WF Anderson. The mate looks to be Beswick, or similar. I'm trying to recall the number of crew on her, how many deck and engineroom. Any ideas how crews were made up on 2,000 ton colliers? I'm attempting to set down a few memories whilst they're still there.
I sailed on the Corbank in1961/62 as 3rd Eng, the engine room compliment was C Eng. 2nd Eng, 3rd Eng and one donkeyman. The deck officers were made up of Captain, 1st Mate and 2nd Mate.

·
Registered
709 Posts
When I was on Corbeach 63/64 the normal complement on the coast consisted of Master, Mate, 2nd Mate, Chief Eng, 2nd Eng, Donkeyman, Chief Steward, R/O. Can't recall how many deck crew. A 3rd Mate and 3rd Eng were added when we went on the Setubal/Ghent run.

Brian

·
Registered
872 Posts
I sailed on the Corbank in1961/62 as 3rd Eng, the engine room compliment was C Eng. 2nd Eng, 3rd Eng and one donkeyman. The deck officers were made up of Captain, 1st Mate and 2nd Mate.
That's useful, thank you. I suppose we might add, cook, cabin boy, and maybe four AbS. making 13 with the sparks.

Thanks again
Harry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts